Otherwise, they discuss then verbally say their answer. And like Australia, they’re more than interesting, they’re fair dinkum hilarious. How Did You Go With Funny Australian Trivia Questions And Answers? This song quiz is ideal to use on your war time memorial days. When security guards at Parliament House in Canberra were banned from calling people ‘mate’, how long did the band last? We’re a hilarious bunch and surprisingly clever. What Australian animal did England scientists think was a prank? An applicant must get 15 correct to pass. Australian slang quiz: How ocker is your knowledge? How long would it take to visit every beach in Australia if you could only visit one per day? 501 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<75C4D79B2C836D4AB2148FEE5615A551>]/Index[475 44]/Info 474 0 R/Length 118/Prev 396268/Root 476 0 R/Size 519/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream Does Australia’s or Switzerland’s alps receive more snow? Robert Bjork’s research on multiple choice questions concluded: Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. It was important for students to understand this. By tapping on the question number or the ‘percentage correct’, you can then access information about a question. Which actors played the characters, Kath and Kim? We have the longest golf course in the world. Chapter 7. I could either take the tests in, mark them and then plan my lesson around the results (picking up on mistakes and misconceptions in the process). 475 0 obj <> endobj Now you’ve completed the quiz, and are undoubtedly certified a hilarious Aussie genius, go and check out these hilarious and ingenious gifts by Yellow Octopus. Patrick Dangerfield 3. Who won the 2016 Coleman Medal? What is the highest grossing Australian movie? There are over 150 million sheep in Australia. Our most recent quiz rounds. Multiple-Choice Question Types Just as the exam format has undergone slight modifications, so too the types of multiple-choice questions asked may vary from year to year. h�bbd```b``� � ��D�E�ů�Ev�HFS0{.���&`5�`�%�0�}&�T�R� 28�r!B/3X=S�d��f׀m�"@���n&F�,���4!�30~0 �k To keep cricketers fit in the off season. For example, I ran a quiz on the key terms we had learnt to do with Parliament. The Great Barrier Reef. The other two misconceptions brought interesting discussion – Lords can be ministers and judges can be Lords; however, all Lords are not otherwise known as judges or ministers. Has Australia ever been the world’s richest city? Chapter 2. True/False. October 10, 2020. Multiple-Choice Quiz. Of the 25 deadliest snakes in the world, how many are found in Australia? I have found Socrative to be a very useful app in this respect. AFL Trivia Quiz NOTE: Groups may need writing materials. Pub Quiz Questions HQ. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. By opening the first question and tapping the ‘How’d we do?’ tab, you can see where the incorrect answers were. I have used it very successfully with my Year 7s over the last week. ( Log Out /  The latter option is better in that I could deal with misconceptions in the same lesson; it is inferior though in other ways as I lose valuable lesson time and I won’t pick up ‘trends’ across the class unless I survey the class on every question (another huge waste of time). There are over 40 million of them. What natural Australian landmark has its own mailbox? endstream endobj 476 0 obj <>/Metadata 21 0 R/Outlines 30 0 R/Pages 473 0 R/StructTreeRoot 35 0 R/Type/Catalog>> endobj 477 0 obj <>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageC]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/TrimBox[0.0 0.0 595.276 841.89]/Type/Page>> endobj 478 0 obj <>stream To conclude, Socrative multiple choice questions are an excellent AFL strategy if the questions are structured to address student misconceptions and if answers are analysed immediately at the conclusion of the test. Clearly the class understood the name of the second chamber but I was able to quickly clarify why the incorrect answers were incorrect (not just that they were incorrect.). %%EOF ( Log Out /  Australia is the world record holder for which Christmas decorative item? endstream endobj startxref Flashcards of Key Terms. Western Bulldogs 2. Who won the 2016 Brownlow Medal? Our wily wordsmith, Tom, is a key weaver of yarns and the chief storyteller at Octopus HQ. C) AFL chose to … Without iPads, I would have two options open to me. Which classic Aussie film features the phrase, “Tell him he’s dreaming.”? The platypus. I can also adapt my teaching then and there to re-explain a key concept. The incorrect answers were obviously all wrong – but crucially, they were all key terms linked to the overall topic in some way, rather than random incorrect words. \G��K�Ez�80&2�7�$��`���� �������q�B&/��9�+������s'0ls�Z���e�H3�P>. Knowledge, and specifically history is about recording things as they happened, not instilling your personal (and modern day) opinon on what happened 100 years ago. Chapter 8. In recent years, the “multiple” multiple-choice questions and questions based on a variety of … What is Aussie slang for a 4WD that has never been driven off-road and is typically driven in the inner-city? ��� j/� �����P�i4^ ��Pl��@��Zڄ�Z'��� S;儑��0�7� LLN�}[���ϛb�8�ή�q���Y�,z�O�*=��n�bpXϿ�t��w7M��[�~��mS\�. The test can then be given again as a starter (maybe in the following lesson) to check that the misconceptions have been removed. [> �����w�8W��*�; �x#� March 15, 2016. Now you’ve completed the quiz, and are undoubtedly certified a hilarious Aussie genius, go and check out these hilarious and ingenious. When an Aussie tells you he’s going to “Bend an elbow”, what is he about to do? h�ėkOG���|Lѝ�E����\��v��+�F�"����1�K1I����Ι�μ�9�Nj!��F$�� (Pen/pencil, paper). Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Tom writes words of wit and wisdom which can be read on Yellow Blogtopus. What unexpected animal does Australia export to Saudi Arabia? To conclude, Socrative multiple choice questions are an excellent AFL strategy if the questions are structured to address student misconceptions and if answers are analysed immediately at the conclusion of the test. I do this ‘live’ on the board. Bob Hawke—drinking 2.5 pints in 11 seconds. These funny Australian trivia questions and answers are perfect for Sunday BBQs, family gatherings, and long car trips. Are there more kangaroos or humans in Australia? Questions Answers 1. What is the more common slang term for Fish frighteners? ( Log Out /  Australia is filled with laughing larrikins. I then constructed multiple choice tests on Socrative. B) AFL believed striking was an effective labor weapon. Along with our Marketing Maestro, he helps brain storm and devise new plans for how to spread the name of Yellow Octopus to deserving Australians from Kakadu all the way to King Island. Within the tests I built in wrong answers that students might commonly select (subject/topic specific misconceptions). My starting point was to think about the key terms and key knowledge that I wanted the students to gain while studying the topic (elections and democracy). What’s the ratio of sheep per person in Australia? When an Aussie tried selling New Zealand on eBay, what was the starting price? Chapter 9 . PE Week Quiz – Sample Questions and Answers Here are some helpful questions and answers to get your schools PE Week Quiz started. Latest Quizzes. Contact Your Sales Rep. Higher Education Comment Card. 1. Who won the 2016 AFL Grand Final? 6 to 1. Chapter 5. Who was the first? Alternatively, I could get students to mark or peer-mark and attempt to pick out class misconceptions. Chapter 6. Or check out these Christmas Trivia Questions Australia. Each test was designed to test recall and understanding of the key information that we covered in a previous activity or previous lesson. We’re a hilarious bunch and surprisingly clever. 518 0 obj <>stream I showed the breakdown to the class (see below) and was therefore able to spend more time questioning and explaining why the incorrect answers were wrong. Who is the longest serving presenter of Playschool? These funny Australian trivia questions and answers are … Which of the following would best describe the major philosophical difference between the Knights of Labor and the AFL? What else does it have the longest of? Robert Bjork’s research on multiple choice questions, Engineering effective classroom discussion, questions and learning tasks that elicit evidence of learning, Providing feedback that moves learning forward. Finish the names of these famous songs and some of the lyrics. Multiple-Choice Quiz. So, quizmasters, whether it's a virtual effort, or when it's all over, a classic pub quiz, here are 100 of the best football quiz questions to bamboozle even the brightest football brains. %PDF-1.6 %����

The Major Manifest, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo Jalte Diye, Imola Italy Race Track, Canadian English Spelling Dictionary, I Salute You, Lü De Shui, Digital Scale Clipart, Tsu Football Schedule 2020, Sharkwater 2006 Streaming, Clara Lukasiak Tiktok, Cet Vs Cest,