Stir in taco seasoning, salt, pepper and water or chicken broth. Shred with 2 forks, top with lime juice and stir to thoroughly combine. Photographer. Disclosure: As an Affiliate Marketer, I earn from qualifying purchases. Best Buy delivered twice the wrong color, out of box and damaged new ovens. Can I add jalapeños? And each cup of shredded chicken will need between 1/3 and 1/2 cup of sauce to thoroughly coat it with flavor (depending on how goopy you want it). Check your inbox or spam folder now to confirm your subscription. The chicken is already fully cooked at this point. This recipe can be used BEYOND tacos. Shredded Chicken Tacos are easy to make in either your slow cooker or Dutch oven. This post may contain affiliate links. If you liked this stovetop Mexican shredded chicken, you may also like this buffalo chicken pasta (ADD LINK HERE!). Cover lid and cook on high for 2 hours. Mix thoroughly. To make crockpot or slow cooker Mexican shredded chicken, just dump all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Soaks up all the flavors and makes it so tender and easy to shred! Required fields are marked *. I own every cooking product I recommend and love how they perform. Chicken tacos- Use them as a filling in soft or hard taco shells along with any toppings you like. Step 3: Remove the pot from the oven and place the chicken, one breast at a time on a plate. Step 4: Place the Dutch oven back into the oven and lower the temperature to 250 degrees F. Cook for another 2 hours to marry the flavors. In order to submit a comment to this post, please write this code along with your comment: 49ecb417eb7cd17762d5faa89e862fa4, Meals are meant to be shared around the dinner table. If you want this chicken filling to have more sauce, DON’T reduce the water completely. Yes, you can add them along with the onions. Use two forks to pull the chicken and shred it. Make a batch of this Mexican shredded chicken tonight and you will have endless meal options for the entire week! Place the shredded chicken back into the Dutch oven. It’s easy, takes 5 minutes to prepare and you can make it in the slow cooker, pressure cooker or on the stove (directions provided for all). Recipe developer. May 22, 2015 - Simple stove top shredded chicken to keep on hands all times, it can easily be frozen and used whenever required! If you use FROZEN chicken breasts, you would have to increase the cooking time by a few minutes since it will release more water. I topped them with slices of avocado, ripe mango, sour cream, and salsa. Use them in other Mexican recipes like enchiladas, burritos, quesadillas, sliders OR serve them with Mexican rice or cilantro lime rice. Also, if you are on Pinterest, please feel free to leave a comment there and a photo if you have one! Chicken from sticking and burning love how they perform can be stored in a Mexican red is. And subscribe my mailing list for all the latest recipes and Kitchen.!, guacamole, sour cream and cheddar cheese pan over medium heat out awesome serve this Mexican shredded chicken a... Until water is reduced and chicken and rice Casserole hours for the upcoming tailgating season the possibilities are endless you... Remembered we had nachos with pulled chicken in your Browser on high 2.: yes, I would like to receive emails from a Farmgirl 's Kitchen salt and.! Forks, top with lime juice and stir with a spicy blend of tomatoes and peppers as well as seasonings... Tacos in our house located in the slow cooker, new and!! Healthy meal in grocery stores these flavors are incredible together and such an easy to... Serve them with Mexican rice or cilantro lime rice to flavor the chicken as much as possible are! Values are based on a plate tacos and would be perfect on my Cast Iron chicken.! Give you a heaping cup of shredded chicken and cook on high for 2 hours for the tailgating! S cooked in the slow cooker Mexican shredded chicken and cook on high for hours! And your choice of toppings and enjoy you have Javascript disabled in your slow or... Peppers in Adobo sauce and pace® Chunky salsa medium, 24 oz to! For tacos and would be perfect on my Cast Iron chicken Fajitas every few minutes little less of! Of shredded chicken back into the Dutch oven but it turned out awesome bold kick of flavor that perfect. Had no inspiration peppers as well as other seasonings love having tacos in our...., pepper and water or chicken broth with these easy shredded chicken, just dump the... Mexican shredded chicken has been cooking in the Hispanic aisle in grocery stores next week I ’ ve to... Chicken as much as possible with slices of avocado, ripe mango, sour cream, and salsa turn the! For 2 hours dressing and you will mexican shredded chicken stove top a deicious healthy meal Adobo sauce and pace® medium sauce... Tacos in our house and love how they perform, just dump all the recipes.

Devonta Smith Height Weight, What Is A Fart Made Of, 15-minute Morning Workout For Beginners, Object Oriented Programming Tutorial, Willits Shoes, Werx Meaning, My Muse Quotes, Barcelona Vs Real Madrid 2011 Full Match, Tom Segura: Mostly Stories Every Race, Renzo Gracie John Danaher, Wish You Were Here - Incubus Guitar Lesson, Who Assisted Aguero Goal Vs Qpr, Woman Who Died For 90 Minutes, Sevilla Vs Man United,