written by Herman Pieter de Boer This was the last song to sell a million copies of sheet music. It's on his first album. [Chorus] At the brand new Tennessee Waltz you´re lit ´rally waltzing on air; At the brand new Tennessee Waltz there ain´t no telling who will be there. The same way that I'm leaving you. When I leave it´ll be like I found you, Love, Descending Victorian stairs, I´m feeling like one of your photographs I´m trapped while I´m putting on airs, And getting even by asking, "Who cares". It's a brand new Tennessee waltz. On the subject of "Brand New Tennessee Waltz", it recently struck me that 'walzing on air' might be a reference to being hung. written by Jesse Winchester That's just one of the everyday things these guys find to sing about. The voice of Waldo in Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" video was the late Phil Hartman of Saturday Night Live Fame. ADD: Brand New Tennessee Waltz (Winchester), therhumbaman.com - a Jesse Winchester website, Lyr Req: Isn't That So? The record company was betting on its flip side, a Christmas novelty, "Boogie Woogie Santa Claus," which disappeared within weeks of its release, to be replaced by "Long Long Ago". You're literally just waltzing on air. It's on his first album. For love is mainly just memories. This was concurrently #1 on the pop, country and R&B charts, a feat no other artist in recording history can claim. So have all your passionate violins Play a tune for a Tennessee kid Who’s feeling like leaving another town But with no place to go if he did Cause they’ll catch you wherever you’re hid secondhandsongs.com. "They didn't want any disc jockeys to turn the Christmas record over. It's on his first album. "Waltzing on air" is an expression that refers to being totally caught up in the dancing so that the real world seems to disappear. [Chorus] At the brand new Tennessee Waltz you´re lit ´rally waltzing on air; At the brand new Tennessee Waltz there ain´t no telling who will be there. Bob Seger got inspired to write "Night Moves" after watching the movie American Graffiti, which showed young people growing up in his "neck of the woods.". Brand New Tennessee Waltz "Dark Fantasy" by Kanye West opens with a reinterpretation of Cinderella as read by Nicky Minaj. Terry from Willmar, Mn Pee Wee King, real name Julius, was driving his pick up truck and listening to the radio, when he heard Bill Monroe's "Kentucky Waltz". Dutch, Ein Walzer Who writes a song about a name they found in a phone book? With no telling who will be there. Any comments? A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs. Richie talks about producing the first two Kiss albums, recording "Brother Louie," and the newfound appreciation of his rock band, Dust. But I left Tennessee in a hurry, Dear, The same way that I´m leaving you, ´Cause love is mainly just memories And everyone´s got him a few, So when I´m gone I´ll be glad to love you. Patti Page's recording is the best known version of this song, selling 10 million copies, the largest selling record by a female artist in recording history. And Jeremy replies, "Surprisingly literal. "Mercury wanted to concentrate on a Christmas song and they didn't want anything with much merit on the flip side," Page later recalled. (Jesse Winchester), Chords: Sham-a-Ling-Dong-Ding (Jesse Winchester), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Winchester, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uKGWpqnS8E, http://www.acousticbrew.org/yr/11s/home.html, A girl says, "My scalp is literally on fire. It's on his first album. English, Met een ster van zilverpapier Toto's keyboard player explains the true meaning of "Africa" and talks about working on the Thriller album. ", Mom asks, "How was your day, Jeremy?" ", A boy says, "This backpack literally weighs a ton. Mike Regenstreif . written by Barbara Stromberger Anything in their field of vision or general scope of knowledge is fair game. At the Brand New Tennessee Waltz You’re literally waltzing on air At the Brand New Tennessee Waltz There’s no telling who will be there. Radiohead's "Harry Patch (In Memory Of)" is about the last surviving World War I veteran to fight in the trenches. You're looking for an obliqueness that it isn't there. Terry from Willmar, Mn Pee Wee King, real name Julius, was driving his pick up truck and listening to the radio, when he heard Bill Monroe's "Kentucky Waltz". Descending Victorian stairs. And everyone's got them but few. Patti Page originally recorded the country waltz to serve as a B-side. In 1965 this became one of the state of Tennessee's official state songs. It's a brand new Tennessee waltz. ". When I leave it'll be like I found you love. The title of that great Christmas song was "Boogie Woogie Santa Claus," and no one ever heard of it.". But I left Tennessee in a hurry dear The same way that I'm leaving you For love is mainly just memories And everyone's got them but few. The Brand New Tennessee Waltz: Don Henley: September 25, 2015: Brand New Tennessee Waltz: Crooked Pine Band: April 30, 2018: The Brand New Tennessee Waltz: South Carolina Broadcasters: October 13, 2019: Met een ster van zilverpapier written by Herman Pieter de Boer Dutch. Daniel from Seattle, Wa Jesse Winchester's song, "The Brand New Tennessee Waltz" can be heard as a sequel to this tune. At the brand new Tennessee Waltz You were literally waltzing on air At the brand new, oh, Tennessee Waltz It's just no telling who will be there So have all of your passionate violins Play a tune for a Tennessee kid Who, this feeling, like leaving another town, now But with no place to go if he did Cause they'll catch you wherever you hid At the brand new Tennessee Waltz You were literally waltzing on air … This was written by Redd Stewart and Pee Wee King in 1947 and was originally a hit for Pee Wee King in 1948. Props to Aretha Franklin: her song "Respect" introduced the term "propers" as a sign of proper respect. The writer of "Rainy Night in Georgia" and "Polk Salad Annie" explains how he cooks up his Louisiana swamp rock. The success of the Patti Page version led to covers by Jo Stafford and Les Paul with Mary Ford (both of which reached the Top Ten) whilst versions by Teddy Johnson and Anita O'Day both topped the UK charts. The thunderclap sound heard in the Bee Gees song "Tragedy" was made by Barry Gibb with his mouth. A popular contemporary folk singer, Williams still remembers the sticky note that changed her life in college. ", 'Pierce' (with body piercings) says, "I literally laughed my butt off. German. © 2003-2020 If you cross paths with them, so are you. On Glen's résumé: hit songwriter, Facebook dominator, and member of Styx. Daniel from Seattle, Wa Jesse Winchester's song, "The Brand New Tennessee Waltz" can be heard as a sequel to this tune. SecondHandSongs is building the most comprehensive source of cover song information.

Ve Scrabble Word, The Passage Filming Locations, Best Collagen Powder, Rutgers Basketball Article, Best Country Rap Songs, Grammy Awards 2020 Winners, How To Pronounce Recognize, Finland National Football Team, Phil Collins Tour 2020 Usa, Snow Orange To Eat, Swerve Lyrics Florida Georgia Line, Caleb Williams Height And Weight,