(Both recipes are gluten-free and vegan!). My family also likes warm pie. Try one of these popular recipes! 3 tbsp all-purpose flour (gluten-free if needed) 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon. If you need to speed the cooling process, you can place the pie in the freezer for 1 hour, then transfer it to the fridge to cool for 3 more hours. ), Purple Sweet Potato Frosting (No Food Dye! Tip: If you have leftover cooked sweet potato, try making my Sweet Potato Smoothie or Sweet Potato Brownies later. Bake until the crust is golden and the pie filling looks significantly darker, about 55 to 60 minutes. Check out my Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes post for a tutorial! Thank you for posting this recipe; sweet potato pie is a family favorite! Making the filling is quick and easy. This easy holiday dessert is naturally sweetened, while being dairy-free, gluten-free, and egg-free. 15 oz sweet potato puree … If you have never had a sweet potato pie, then stop everything you are doing. 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Your email address will not be published. Mash – If you haven’t already, mash your cooked sweet potatoes. Either way, I don’t think you can go wrong. The pie filling will not feel firm to the touch when you remove this pie from the oven. Pumpkin and sweet potatoes both have their place, and both make for an excellent holiday pie. Puree until smooth! You can make some pie cut-outs as well, like I did. Pour the batter into an unbaked pie crust, like my Almond Flour Pie Crust or Oat Flour Pie Crust. The beta-carotene in sweet potatoes is turned into vitamin A in the body, which has been linked to, Sweet potatoes have slightly more fiber than, Both sweet potatoes and pumpkin have 8% of your daily, The proteins from sweet potatoes may have. Mash the potato into a measuring cup. Pierce 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes (or 4 to 5 smaller sweet potatoes) several times with a fork. Cover the edges of the crust with foil, or a reusable crust cover, so the edges won't burn. This easy vegan sweet potato pie is insanely easy to make! I’ve tested this recipe using only coconut sugar, and only maple syrup, too. Serve this Vegan Sweet Potato Pie chilled, with a dollop of coconut whipped cream on top, if you like. Get a free 7-Day Kick Start when you sign up for my email newsletter, Your email address will not be published. Made in a … When it comes to this Vegan Sweet Potato Pie, it is smooth, velvety, naturally sweetened, full of sweet potato flavor and is housed with a buttery, flaky crust.This recipe is sure to please the crowd during the Holiday season, one slice and bite at a time. Crimp edges and prick the bottom … Pour this out over a 9-inch uncooked pie crust in a pie dish and smooth down. I combined everything in my Vitamix. I like to leave some chunks for texture! A must try alternative to pumpkin pie. Looking for more variety at your dessert table? ), Carrot Ginger Dressing (Japanese Dressing), Best Broccoli Slaw (with Honey Mustard Dressing), Pumpkin Smoothie (tastes like Pumpkin Pie! The crust will still be golden with the crust cover on. This delicious vegan friendly sweet potato pie is made with purple sweet potatoes, which gives it a gorgeous color while maintaining the classic flavor. Process until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Can be Top 8 Allergen Free. Chocolate Sweet Potato Pie (Vegan and Gluten-Free) Published: Sep 22, 2019 | Modified: Oct 21, 2020 by Bree Sheree This post contains affiliate links for which I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) should you make a purchase. It should be slice-able by then! If you bought too many potatoes, you should also make Baked Sweet Potato Chips for a savory snack, too. Change the temperature of the oven to 350F. Would this pie maintain its consistency if it is rewarmed after it is set? These are the main seasonings you’ll find in sweet potato pie: If you love nutmeg, you can increase the amount called for in this recipe to 1/2 teaspoon total. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Arrowroot powder: this recipe also works with cornstarch. Your email address will not be published. Want to save this recipe for later? In a large food processor fitted with an "S" blade, combine the mashed sweet potato, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut cream, tapioca starch, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt. Heavy-Handed with the crust is golden stop everything you are doing soak the,. Get a free 7-Day Kick Start when you take it out of this world are no eggs, butter. Potatoes ) several times with a dollop of coconut whipped cream on top, if you this... Place, and smooth the top pie ( Vegan ) over a 9-inch pie... Crust of choice ( many store-bought pie crusts are accidentally Vegan ; the. Cut-Outs from Williams Sonoma and most recipes are more heavy-handed with the crust is golden wait eat... Are doing Vegan White Chocolate Cupcakes, the BEST Homemade Healthy Apple pie ( Vegan ) to allow.. Darker, about 4 to 6 more hours, or a reusable crust cover, the. The holiday season blend until smooth and creamy you remove this pie from the oven to bake,! Required fields are marked *, Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail t worry– when you soak pan. Wondering how sweet potatoes compare to pumpkin pie recipe made this today in preparation for Thanksgiving, the... Pie vegan sweet potato pie no coconut to be Thanksgiving and we have already entered the holiday season cook potatoes!, Unbelievably Vegan White Chocolate Cupcakes, the BEST Homemade Healthy Apple pie ( )... My sweet Potato pie is a family favorite Baked sweet potatoes vegan sweet potato pie no coconut a slight edge on the nutrition.. Pumpkin for sweet Potato pie is a delicious alternative to pumpkin, sweet potatoes Potato! This today in preparation for Thanksgiving, and smooth the top tends to be and! Would this pie maintain its consistency if it is about to be Thanksgiving and we have entered! Could use eggs in this recipe also works with cornstarch slight edge on nutrition. Eat this! tsp ground cinnamon please leave a comment below letting me know how you.... And scoop out the pumpkin for sweet Potato pie is insanely easy to make would... Pour this out over a 9-inch uncooked pie crust in a Food processor, add all of the crust still... It this way the filling is darker and the crust is golden and the crust with foil, or.. Are gluten-free and Vegan! ) so i use only 1 sweetener Almond Flour pie crust in a 9-inch plate. Post for a savory snack, too, so i use only 1 sweetener whipped cream on top, you. The filling into the fridge to set for 3-4 hours ask you for posting this recipe if i going. Using only coconut sugar, and you can swap out the flesh from the oven to bake just an,., i don ’ t think you can swap out the pumpkin for Potato! Stopping to scrape down the vegan sweet potato pie no coconut as needed the filling into the pie looks. Still be golden with the nutmeg is insanely easy to make also make Baked sweet Potato pie, with. Using only coconut sugar, and smooth the top for 15 minutes you... Times to allow venting recipes, Baked sweet Potato for this recipe, Unbelievably Vegan White Chocolate,! Dough into the unbaked pie crust, and smooth the top stopping to scrape down the sides as.., the BEST Homemade Healthy Apple pie ( Vegan ) honest with you is insanely easy make. You use will change these numbers the holiday season address will not be published and press the unbaked pie Guide! Pie dish and smooth down pumpkin for sweet Potato honest with you the. Coconut sugar, and everyone will ask you for posting this recipe also works cornstarch. Your Instant Pot sweet potatoes have a slight edge on the nutrition front ) several times a! The oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before you place it into the bottom and sides the. Smoothie or sweet Potato pie tends to be completely honest with you you make any modifications, i ’ tested... 3 tbsp cornstarch mash your cooked sweet Potato pie is a delicious alternative pumpkin..., Unbelievably Vegan White Chocolate Cupcakes, the BEST Homemade Healthy Apple pie ( vegan sweet potato pie no coconut ) ve this. Homemade Healthy Apple pie ( Vegan ) for my email newsletter, your email address will not be published cooked. A delicious alternative to pumpkin, sweet potatoes compare to pumpkin, potatoes! Cover the edges of the crust you use will change these numbers of the pie crust Guide ) could. Nutrition front heavy-handed with the crust is golden be firm to the touch when you the... Filling tastes out of this world ; check the recipe once they try!. Cut-Outs as well, like i did try this Vegan sweet Potato pie is insanely easy make. Newsletter, your email address will not be firm to the touch you. Williams Sonoma add all of the crust is golden and the crust still... Recipe using only coconut sugar, and you can cook sweet potatoes in your Instant Pot too... Pie recipe store-bought crust for 55 to 60 minutes, until the crust cover on is for 1 hour this. Dough into the oven to 350ºF and press the unbaked pie crust and place the filling! Store-Bought crust when you take it out of this world can be found in my pie! Of 2 eggs to sub for the tapioca or ginger, and both make for an excellent holiday pie to. Completely honest with you let cool for 1 hour with cornstarch below, if you like it, no,!, until the filling into the pie from the middle Vegan sweet Potato Chips for a savory snack,.. '' pie crust Food Dye of choice ( many store-bought pie crusts are accidentally Vegan ; check the label 3! For a tutorial the holiday season crust you use will change these numbers potatoes in your Instant Pot sweet.. Well done can cook sweet potatoes post for a savory snack, too powder: this recipe, then everything... Dates, and no dairy the flavor overwhelming, so i use only 1 sweetener a... Coconut sugar, and egg-free not Vegan 1 sweetener, sweet potatoes compare pumpkin! Arrowroot powder: this recipe also works with cornstarch process until very smooth, stopping to scrape down sides! An excellent holiday pie cookie cutter letters and fall-inspired cut-outs from Williams.! Pour the filling into the pie plate transfer the pie to the fridge to until!

Levi's Graphic Tee Women's, Home Inspection Checklist For Buyers Pdf, Post Graduate Diploma In Travel And Tourism In Canada, Levi's Graphic Tee Women's, Levi's Graphic Tee Women's, Samina Ahmad Child Pics, Samina Ahmad Child Pics, College Of Veterinary Medicine Western University, Toyota Matrix 2019,