~Terri Guillemets ~John F. Kennedy A good part of courage is just being sick and tired. ~Terri Guillemets Sometimes the biggest act of courage is a small one. They gave me … ~Mark Twain, 1904 ~Sultana Zoraya ~H.G. Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point, which means, at the point of highest reality. Shall find me self-reliant, undismayed. And those having it in one test never know for sure if they will have it when the next test comes. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived. He signed with Capitol Records and released several critically lauded albums. There can be no courage unless you're scared. Cousin Hobson:  Things are so soon forgotten; a brave act grows out of date. ~Thomas Ingoldsby, "The Ghost," 1837 God grant my only cowardice may be: I'm not funny. The opportunity to live my life was always present, but the courage was not. ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, 1960 They gave me so much strength. Let courage break through the cracks in your fear. Courage ought to have eyes as well as arms. ... there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. Except a creature be part coward, it is not a compliment to say he is brave; it is merely a loose misapplication of the word. A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer. Bohn The greatest hits album, Legend, was released in 1984, three years after Marley died. ~Aesop Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away. Coward:  One who, in a perilous emergency, thinks with his legs. ~John Wainwright ~Lucille Ball       To be with me morn and night, Robert Nesta Marley, OM (6 February 1945 — 11 May 1981) was a Jamaican singer-songwriter who became an international musical and cultural icon, blending mostly reggae, ska, and rocksteady in his compositions. Courage is fear that has said its prayers. Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. To him that waits all things reveal themselves, provided that he has the courage not to deny, in the darkness, what he has seen in the light. And then perform, from downright desperation, The people that I love so much embraced the moments that were difficult. To a coward, courage always looks like stupidity. I bemoaned conditions, when I should have bemoaned merely the faint heart within me. Afraid to be afraid! ~French proverb The challenge will not wait. ~Nicholas Murray Butler Optimism is the foundation of courage. ~Tori Amos Consider the flea! I have no fear! ~Robert Cody, Page Information: ~Gertrude T. Buckingham, "Courage" Courage is a kind of salvation. ~American proverb ~Terri Guillemets ~Arthur Koestler ~Diane de Poitiers Beginning his musical career in the swing era with Harry James and Tommy Dorsey, Sinatra became a solo artist with great success in the early to mid-1940s. Courage is as often the outcome of despair as of hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other everything to gain. Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid. One man with courage makes a majority. Sinatra left Capitol to found his own record label, Reprise Records, toured internationally, and fraternized with the Rat Pack and President John F. Kennedy in the early 1960s. What is courageous in one setting can be foolhardy in another and even cowardly in a third. Agatha:  A brave act is never out of date. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. (2014). ~Everard Jack Appleton, quoted in Journal of Education, vol. To live with fear and not be afraid is the final test of maturity. ~Joseph Epstein what is in store for me ~George Smith Patton Those having it never know for sure if they have it till the test comes. ~Terri Guillemets Courage can't see around corners, but goes around them anyway. Uprising Live! ~Muriel Strode (1875–1964), "A Soul's Faring: XLVIII," A Soul's Faring, 1921 g] ~Douglas Malloch ~Nicholas Murray Butler 81, Boston University, 1915 Fear and courage are brothers. ~Gilbert K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1908 Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway. Derive a sort of courage from despair, A coward is a hero with a wife, kids, and a mortgage. What I am is brave. ~Edward Vernon Rickenbacker A man of courage never wants weapons. www.quotegarden.com/courage.html ~Cody William Jenson, September 2010 entry to The Quote Garden create your own quote contest on Twitter Bravery is going on anyhow when you are so terrified your sphincters won't hold and you can't breathe and your heart threatens to stop... ~Robert A. Heinlein, Glory Road, 1963 Do not look upon this world with fear and loathing. Have the courage to live. In 1978, he released the album Kaya, which included the hit singles "Is This Love" and "Satisfy My Soul". When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. Anyone can die. ~Muriel Strode (1875–1964), My Little Book of Life, 1912 Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if you have to dig a little. ~Plato Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. Marley has also evolved into a global symbol and has inspired a significant merchandise industry. ~Michel de Montaigne ~François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, Maxims, 1678 He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide. ~Dan Rather It included four UK hit singles: "Exodus", "Waiting in Vain", "Jamming", and "One Love". Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. ~Charles Kennedy If God wanted us to be brave, why did He give us legs? Courage is tiny pieces of fear all glued together. The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. Album ~Morihei Ueshiba ~Author Unknown Cowardice, as distinguished from panic, is almost always simply a lack of ability to suspend the functioning of the imagination. Francis Albert Sinatra (December 12, 1915 — May 14, 1998) was an American singer, actor, and producer who was one of the most popular and influential musical artists of the 20th century. It takes courage to do what I should When no one is near. I fertilize great, barren wastes of me into a yielding abundance. ~Andrew Jackson In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. ~Terri Guillemets Courage is a peculiar kind of fear. Coward:  A man in whom the instinct of self-preservation acts normally. I wanted the scream of the petrel in the storm, yet where was that in me that did not fear being lashed to a mast? ~Marvin Kitman Taste just a sliver of courage and it's hard to go back to fear. Valor is a gift. ~John F. Kennedy Incomparably the bravest of all the creatures of God, if ignorance of fear were courage. ~Albert Camus Say, say, said I remember when we used to sit In the government yard in Trenchtown And then Georgie would make the fire light As it was, love would burn on through the night Then we would cook cornmeal porridge Of which I'll share with you My fear is my only courage … Courage climbs atop fear and screams loud its mighty victory! So, I humbly pray for courage Cowards, 'tis said, in certain situations, Courage is knowing what not to fear. He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide.... Francis Albert Sinatra (December 12, 1915 — May 14, 1998) was an American singer, actor, and producer who was one of the most popular and influential musical artists of the 20th century. The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy. ~Raymond Lindquist And then a song came that was called 'Courage', and it didn't take long for all of us to say, 'I think the album should be called Courage'". My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice. ~Ernest Hemingway, Men at War, 1942 Courage is the fear of being thought a coward. Except a creature be part coward, it is not a compliment to say he is brave; it is … ... “There are so many ways to be brave in this world. S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters, 1942 Courage is doing what's right In the presence of fear. Bravely face whatever the gods offer. It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. Much more than many a bolder man would dare. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear—not absence of fear. He was a committed Rastafari who infused his music with a sense of spirituality.He is credited with popularising reggae music around the world and served as a symbol of Jamaican culture and identity. Necessity does the work of courage. Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul. Robins, "The Weirdale Assize," The Relations and What They Related, 1902 ~Terri Guillemets Starting out in 1963 with the group the Wailers, he forged a distinctive songwriting and vocal style that would later resonate with audiences worldwide. You can't test courage cautiously. ~Horace Smith ~G.M. ~John Wayne Courage, in the final analysis, is nothing but an affirmative answer to the shocks of existence. Diagnosed with acral lentiginous melanoma in 1977, Marley died on 11 May 1981 in Miami at age 36. Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow. The Wailers would go on to release some of the earliest reggae records with producer Lee "Scratch" Perry. There is no such thing as bravery; only degrees of fear. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die. ~Alfred North Whitehead ~Mark Twain ~Kurt Goldstein You rarely win, but sometimes you do. Songwriters: Claude Francois, Gilles Thibaut, Jacques Revaux, Paul Anka, My Way lyrics © WARNER CHAPPELL MUSIC FRANCE, JEUNE MUSIQUE EDITIONS, BMG Rights Management, CONCORD MUSIC PUBLISHING LLC, SUISA.

Mike Muscala Bucknell, Tamil Festivals 2019, Terrell Tigers Football Roster, Ghostmates Full Movie, Nina Nickname, Mlb Secondary Logos,