Want travel tips straight to your inbox? The distance between Glenfinnan and Fort William is 13 miles. Get more info. I’m glad you found this blog post helpful . What companies run services between Mallaig, Scotland and Glenfinnan Viaduct, Scotland? I’m a big Harry Potter fan and of course, I wanted to ride the real Hogwarts Express. I hope this helps and good luck trainspotting! Subscribe to our blog now and get a bunch of freebies! Thank you also for letting us know about the error in our blog post regarding the return train journey, we’ve corrected that now. Check out my 4 day itinerary! *, I just showed this to my son and he’s now obsessed about going…thanks for sharing and the tips, Vanessa. Go contactless with digital tickets on your phone. Did you like this? For instance, if the train is leaving Fort William at 2.30pm, get to Glenfinnan no later than 2.45pm. Before you head out, double-check the train times for the day (they change from season to season). Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book. With one day usually seeing the steam train crossing the Glenfinnan viaduct twice (the train starts and ends in Fort William), you can often choose either morning or afternoon to see the train from this free vantage point. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards, Just want to read one issue? Subscribe to our blog now >>, feel a piece of Harry Potter magic shuttle past you. That’s probably true, he gets it from me ☺️. At peak times, this vantage point can get quite busy so you might want to arrive a little earlier to get a good spot. Beautiful photos. The average journey time between Glenfinnan and Fort William is 34 minutes. TLDR: Plan to arrive at the viaduct 15 minutes from the time stated for a Fort William departure. No sleeper services are available. For more money-saving tips on UK and European train travel, read our cheap train tickets guide. Wanderers of the World, 2016-2020. Ride a steam train over the Glenfinnan Viaduct. The first train from Glenfinnan to Fort William departs at 06:51. An hour well spent in the beautiful Glenfinnan area of Loch Shiel. If this goes wrong we will be closed down for a lot longer than the three months. This is just perfect.. Lucky for us we were early so didn’t miss anything. Find out how you can save with a. Follow this for a couple of minutes and before you know it, you’ll have a 360 degree view of the landscape. Need advice for a Scotland road trip? . Thank you so much for this info. On it’s way back from Mallaig it should cross the viaduct around 45 minutes before it is DUE back into Fort William. ‘You will be able to alight at Arisaig if you ask the guard. You can ride The Jacobite steam train through this spectacular scenery, along the West Coast of Scotland. With one day usually seeing the steam train crossing the Glenfinnan viaduct twice (the train starts and ends in Fort William), you can often choose either morning or afternoon to see the train from this free vantage point. If you’re a big Harry Potter fan and happen to be in Scotland, then you should definitely make some time to venture out to the viaduct in Glenfinnan (a superb Harry Potter filming location) to see the Jacobite steam train go past. Hehe your son has good taste then Vanessa! Find, book, change or cancel your tickets in an instant. Check out this unique itinerary or read my mini-story! This should give you more than enough time to park your car and walk up the small slope to the viewpoint without rushing or missing the train, although you may still need to wait around for a bit before seeing the train. Shiel Buses operates a bus from Mallaig, Boatyard to Glenfinnan, Visitor Centre 3 times a day. In a statement, Glenfinnan Community Council told us: ‘Glenfinnan Community Council is concerned about WCR resuming the twice daily Jacobite train service, potentially from July 15, despite the train not stopping at the station. Maybe eat some scones whilst you wait like we did? All Rights Reserved, 7 Intriguing Secrets & Hidden Gems in Cornwall, Scotland Road Trip Itinerary: How To Explore Scotland By Car, If you’re a big Harry Potter fan and happen to be in Scotland, then you should definitely make some time to venture out to the viaduct in Glenfinnan. Required fields are marked *, By using this form, you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. A spokesman for West Coast Railways (WCR), which runs the twice-daily steam-hauled service, told the Lochaber Times: ‘We are chuffed at the prospect of getting back on track, although the safety of passengers, staff and the local community remains paramount. Our aim is to help you save – we’ll help you find the cheapest tickets, and even tell you when the prices are likely to increase with Price Prediction. We value our content  and access to our full site is  only available with a  subscription. This super speedy blog aims to equip you with info on how to see this awesome train go past, where you should stand to see it from a great angle and what times the train crosses Glenfinnan viaduct. Travel by train from Glenfinnan to Fort William in 33m. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays. Tourists will flock to the station to see the steam train passing through. For instance, if the train is leaving Fort William at 2.30pm, get to Glenfinnan no later than 2.45pm. Hoping you can clarify, as we’re trying to perhaps catch a ferry and I’m wondering if our timeline will be doable. The only thing that’s worth noting is that once you’re up there at the viewing spot, it can be a little rocky in places as it’s not an official viewing platform or anything like that. In a statement, Glenfinnan Community Council told us: ‘Glenfinnan Community Council is concerned about WCR resuming the twice daily Jacobite train service, potentially from July 15, despite the train not stopping at the station. When you get to Mallaig you have a hour and a half ‘to enjoy a walk round’. ... That’s because the Glenfinnan Viaduct played a starring role in the Harry Potter films with the Hogwarts Express chuffing across it. From the Car park to the spot, how difficult is the walk? Most scenery in Scotland is gorgeous to be fair – such a beautiful place if you ever get a chance to visit! to get the directions for this carpark – here’s the address info you need: Your email address will not be published. We’ve just watched the Hogwarts Express go by and videoed it to send home to the kids. If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' I think this is a must for a photographer such as myself. Hi Justine. That’s so great, I’m glad you were able to catch the train — I suspect your kids are all kinds of jealous! I hope you get to go here someday! Your email address will not be published.

Boogie Artist, Img Offensive Lineman, Tennessee Tech Football Camp 2020, Jason Wilber Age, Division 1 Academic Rankings, Liverpool Vs Man Utd 2016, Chessy Parent Trap, Bayern Tiktok Jersey, Keep Me From Blowing Away Seldom Scene,