The stop at North Pines is 18 and Curry Village. It's busy, noisy, smokey, tight and it's perfect. Campendium is an Amazon associate site and earns from qualifying purchases. That being true, I'd hate to be here on a packed day. Popular Yosemite National Park Categories, East Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389, #8 of 24 Speciality lodging in Yosemite National Park. Lower Pines Campground Map (NPS) North Pines Campground Map (NPS) Upper Pines Campground Map (based on NPS map) Camp 4 (Camp Four) Walk-in Campground Map (Climber's Campground; formerly Sunnyside Campground) North Pines is surrounded by a creek on one side and the Merced river on the other. North Pines is surrounded by a creek on one side and the Merced river on the other. The campground has no hookups but does have drinking water and flush toilets available. The site is situated in the heart of Yosemite Valley, an awe-inspiring landscape containing many of the famous features for which Yosemite National Park is known. Just a couple weeks prior to our visit we managed to get a cancellation for two nights at one site, then the next night at a different one. The site is situated in the heart of Yosemite Valley, an awe-inspiring landscape containing many of the … There is a shuttle bus stop very nearby too. Royal Arch Cascade is a waterfall located on the north wall of Yosemite Valley and the Yosemite National Park, United States, within walking distance from the Ahwahnee Hotel. Plenty of room for our RV allowing privacy. Reservations are needed and usually booked up the day they... I really love the location of this campground nestled amongst the pines and next to the river. Facilities North Pines is smaller and a little more private than the other two valley campgrounds and is very conveniently located to bike paths, mirror lake and happy isles. -Absolutely no food stored in vehicles Buses do run to all thes... -Food storage lockers are provided in all campsites (45x18x33″) Sites along the Merced River offer some white noise to block out the noise of other campers. There are stops 1 through 20 and the bus runs all day for free and in that order. If you have a tent, you will wind up pitching your tent slightly in the next campsite. Yosemite National Park opens up reservations to their campgrounds every four months on the 15th and so back in April, we sat ready at our computers and started clicking furiously for time slots and barely managed to get a week in North Pines Campground! Showers are not available; but they are available for $5.00 at Curry Village and Housekeeping Camp. Two things I was warned about but didn't experience were, long park entrance lines and lots of visitors...meaning that finding a parking space is tough. -Flush Toilets Now that is not a reflection on the park itself...there a separate review for that. The sites have fire pits, picnic tables and drinking water. Water from all faucets and fountains here are mountain fresh and clean...just bring containers and fill up. Data speeds were pretty decent in Yosemite Village however. There is drinkable water and there were bathrooms with running waters. But if you stay in a high number spot, you'll reduce your chances of smelling it. Site 323 is one of the few RV spots in North Pines Campground that’s long enough to accommodate our 30’ trailer. We were unplugged; however there were a few times we wanted to text someone back home with pictures and we were not able to connect. Regular rate is $26 but we paid $13 with the senior pass. There are restrooms with flush toilets, running cold water and bottle filling stations. We loves the river and the nice view! Diligent planning is highly advised. The site is situated in the heart of Yosemite Valley, an awe-inspiring landscape containing many of the famous features for which Yosemite National Park is known. We would definitely return, but I would investigate what site I reserved, bring water shoes for the showers, and anticipate dirty bathrooms. Note, this does not impact my review as this is based on individual cell service providers. Keeping food stored away properly isn’t just for the safety of humans, but also for the bears. Wi-Fi is available at Camp Curry guest lounge. -Food and toiletries must be stored 24 hours/day There are a number of sites with water views. There aren't hookups here, so that's a minus (but that's common for most NPS campgrounds). Many travellers enjoy visiting Indian Village of the Ahwahnee (2.0 km). ©2020 Yosemite Mariposa County Tourism Bureau, Yosemite Itineraries: What to Do in Yosemite. If you have a bike, everything is close in my opinion. North Pines, California - Camping & Campgrounds. Public showers are not available in Yosemite at this time. However, I would still not recommend choosing a site that is shorter by a foot or two on a first trip here. If you’ve never camped in Yosemite, I’d highly recommend it! We walked about 7 miles the first afternoon/evening just gawking in awe and taking in the surroundings. -Campfire Rings There are showers but ... The closest showers are 2 shuttle bus stops away or a 15 minute walk to Half Dome Village. There are showers but they are half a mile to a mile away- so you either have to drive, hike, bike or take a shuttle to shower. Our days were filled with walks into Half Dome Village, Yosemite Village, to the falls, and just general exploring of the park. At times it would have been safer to use the woods (which is unrealistic here). North Pines does not have electricity. It is also a short walk to the Half Dome trailhead (the Upper Pines and Lower Pines campgrounds are closer). While we don't offer reservations for NORTH PINES, check out these great RV Parks and Campgrounds as close as 21.04 miles from NORTH PINES. There are only a few spots that can accommodate a 30’ trailer so we were very fortunate to have snagged a spot. It snowed the night before, so it was kind of cool to have a little snow on the ground when we arrived. The water doesn't drain properly. Location Upon checking in, you’re warned of black bears in the area that will roam the campgrounds in search of food, so please be very diligent about storing food and anything with a scent in the bear box especially if you’re tent camping. Next, in all my years of camping, I've never been in a campground where the campsites were packed together so densely (Upper and Lower Pines are the same). We stayed at the North Pines campground during the last weekend in April. Good thing we were there on vacation and didn't need to be connected for work! All of the spots were completely gone in about 5 minutes, so be ready or hope for a cancellation. YOSEMITE IS OPEN! The sites have picnic tables, fire pits with grills and bear boxes. The campgrounds get booked out within just several minutes of opening up for reservations so you’ll need to sit ready at your computer and start clicking as soon as it’s time. Your browser does not support JavaScript! Maybe because it was our first trip here biased our rating, but I can't imagine a more perfect spot in this country. These locations were dirty too. -Shuttle Bus Service, Know Before You Go After the first day, our truck and trailer were covered with sap drippings! Beautiful site with lots of trees and views of the mountains. This was super convenient to bike the path (or walk it) to everything in the valley. I thought there were a lot of visitors, but my friends told me we got lucky with a minimal crowd (might be due to recent nearby fires). Be the first to add a note for North Pines Campground! We loved every unplugged moment! North Pines RV Park is located in the bustling Texas metropolis of Houston, and is in the perfect spot for an authentic southern vacation. The campground … Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Yosemite National Park Campground Map (NPS, 2001). I rode my bike all around the valley area...on nearly every paved trail and road...23 very easy and scenic miles. Smaller of the three main Valley CGs. Something came up that we needed access to our email so we paid $5.95 at the lodge for 24 hours of wifi but it was very slow. Sites also have an ADA picnic table and a fire ring. A very quite campground in the middle of nowhere! Make sure and hike though. Also, being packed tightly means that if you're downwind of your neighbors camp fire, you may end up in their smoke! Just a couple weeks prior to our visit we managed to get a cancellation for two nights at one site, then the next night at a different one. For showers, you have to make a trek into either Half Dome Village or Housekeeping Camp.

Michigan Cities, Comerica Park Carnival, Online Writing Software, How To Disappear Completely And Never Be Found Play, Move By Move Chess, 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix, Tek Time Lyrics Aidonia,