Political machinations. with some medicine he can see and hear rather well, but not without nasty side effects, like... shortened lifespan and severe headache. Chang Geng, who lived in a small countryside village, shared a distant relationship with his mother while his stepfather was away most of the year round, and the only people he was close to were two little kids, the vil, In the age of the Great Liang Dynasty, the lives of the people were made convenient with steam-powered machines that run on a fuel named Violetstream Gold. This story was built in a society similar to the song dynasty with steampunk technology. It's shameful. the detail is too grotesque. Through the external challenges faced on the battlefront as well as internal political obstacles, on top of Guyun and Changgeng’s individual health concerns, each character’s unique characteristics and their relationship was brought out and well developed. There's a little angst, but it's not too overbearing. ML's love for MC since the beginning has always been guarding and protection for the weaker and has nothing to do with the father-son love, thus, created a room for the romantic love to develop. So far, the front line had been on … Chang Geng, who lived in a small countryside village, shared a distant relationship with his mother while his stepfather was away most of the year round, and the only people he was close to were two little kids, the village teacher, and his yi fu – adoptive father. Basically there was no father-son love at the beginning. I've been wondering ever since I finished this novel, and ended up in a state of total and utter heartbrokenness, why is it that c-novels do this to me... What is it in their writing or story that makes it almost unbearably painful for me to finish them. Author: Priest. I don't think it's that bad, but, honestly, it. there were many things i liked about it and a few that i didn’t. BTW, yes they have sex, but there's not a lot of details about it; no smuuut (maybe in the end? Sha Po Lang 《 … You can get a view on contemporary Chinese society through her steampunk historical gay fantasy romance novel, so, honestly, why not? Gu Yun (shou) is half deaf-half blind becoz he was poisoned when he was a child. Note on naming: All names are constructed in the Chinese fashion of: surname (姓) + birth name (名) - courtesy name (if any) (字) - title (if any) (号). It will be hard to find another one in this genre to match this. Well, we'll just have to wait and see until everything is translated. Please use proper spacing and paragraphs. And something did: halfway through the novel, Liao Ran realized that his mentor is a spy working for the foreigners. From the summary according to NovelUpdates: In the age of the Great Liang Dynasty, the lives of the people were made convenient with steam-powered machines that run on a fuel named ziliujin ("purple flowing gold"). are left their original pinyin. The setting provides opportunities for love letters so tender you’ll have to read 300 Tang Poems twenty times in a row to descend back to earth. 470. Volume 4 Chapter 121 ____ This chapter is generally about fighting dont buy if youre not interested -priest ____ On the eighth day of the twelfth lunar month, Gu Yun secretly sent envoys to visit the Dongying and Nanyang islands. think of it like vibranium. There's seriously a LOT of pinyin to memorize, and I read the book all at once so it would be way more difficult for people who were slower readers (because the vocab is not consistently footnoted). Before reading this novel, I had never realized I was so dumb. Romance as usual takes the backseat, but I like my BL plot-first and don't care as much for romance. one time he thought his yifu has fallen into the water and jumped to save him even though he always acted nonchalant towards his yifu. finished my first but definitely not last reread and this book is still my all time favourite, 5/5 stars. You get this from Priest. Alternative names: Spl,杀破狼,殺破狼. This is one of the very few Chinese BL novels, where the focus is not on the romance but on the storyline, politics and warfare, where both of the shou and gong are valiant warriors, and were not feminised. It is indeed a slow-burning romance that others have mentioned with mature sentiments from MC and ML. 《杀破狼》English Translation 5.5K 53 4 In the age of the Great Liang Dynasty, the lives of the people were made convenient with steam-powered machines that run on a fuel named Violetstream Gold. I'm not sure why the "Black Iron Camp" and "Wind Slasher" got translated, but Spectrum Arrows, telescopes, monocles, mechanics, Beacon tickets, etc. The novel (and author) is so underrated. Totally satisfied me. Totally worth a read. They also realize that there are more important things at stake like the stability of the country, not just their epic romance! In the age of the Great Liang Dynasty, the lives of the people were made convenient with steam-powered machines that run on a fuel named Violetstream Gold. The sheer epic-ness of this story made me re-read 3 times, though admittedly the antagonist (Emperor and court lackeys) were so frustrating and causing so much trouble for the MC (who tries to remain optimistic/positive) frankly stopped me from completing my 3rd re-read. or an absolute idiot who is the MC's opponent. Be the first to ask a question about 杀破狼 [Sha Po Lang]. No handwavy magic, no vague "implications" (from authors who themselves have no idea what they're talking about). Overall I liked it. The characters and their growth were perfect. elements and based on an actual historical era (instead of some vague "ancient china" irrational mumbo-jumbo you get with most "ancient" settings). ", I really love Chang geng's development. I really don’t want anyone to feel this is the main point because it really isn’t, and it’s not as significant as you might think. 1 votes : 5 / 5. The battles were intense and the court politics and betrayals were intriguing. is MC realising he likes ML way too early and constantly gay-panicking, whilst ML is clueless until it's too late. Although the plot development was slow in the first few chapters, the pace quickly picked up when the focus shifted to a more act. I also recommend translating the pinyin for the steampunk oil into something like "viogold oil", because so many policies and people (like gold fighters) play on the word "gold" in that made-up term. and I plan to do it fast :)), Probably the best danmei BL I ever read, haven't found anything that could top this. We’d love your help. as far I read, this poison is only affecting the mind. And probably that's why it's unusual for western novels to have too many characters, unlike Chinese in which you have so many some times it's hard to keep track of who's who for a while, specially at the beginning. overall tho it was incredibly well written and had a plethora of interesting and deep characters. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. ML has never known what the love of a father was like and consequently didn't know how to be a father either. In this novel, the two main characters are Guyun (general/marshal) and Chang Geng (son of the Emperor and a woman from the Hun tribes). Name:Sha Po Lang + - Turn off Reset T/N: The t.i.tle of the last chapter – 绝处 [jué chù] – meaning Destroyed homeland, when combined with the t.i.tle of this chapter [逢生 – féng shēng] will make up the phrase 绝处逢生 [jué chù féng shēng] which means “to be s.n.a.t.c.hed from the … In the age of the Great Liang Dynasty, the lives of the people were made convenient with steam-powered machines that run on a fuel named Violetstream Gold. Sha Po Lang author: Priest. All of her works have miles of scaffolding and she clearly lives for plot. (This is a real novel, I swear to you.) There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Priest sneakily managed to climb her way onto the list of my favourite authors ever. Along with a complex plot, the relationship between MC and ML is well developed, such a good slowburn romance, welp, still struggling through the mass amount of distorted English. Likes. a general of an army division, he has won countless border wars. This is just proof that this book is insanely good but yeah I don’t know when I’ll recover from this. But the strongest point were both the main characters' own histories, their individual dev. Typically, I would have long dropped stories with this level of grammar problems. Format your description nicely so people can easily read them. When I first knew that the setting is steampunk ancient China I was automatically sold. Also, because of their length, the character depth and development is insane and thus you spend a long time with the characters and fall totally for them.

A Game Of Ghosts Synopsis, Motogp 2019 Points, Josh Wine, Daylight Savings Ends 2020, Tony Kakkar Daughter,