Offer valid for new subscribers only.† Conditions apply. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Definitely a good book to introduce people to the orientation! This is especially the case if it's an orientation that rarely gets acknowledged to boot. Finding out pretty late in my teens about asexuality was life-changing. Do you feel sexual attraction sometimes, but only rarely? i first ordered the kindle copy but now also have the paperback to help with my coming out because this book answers all the stupid questions that people ask and i so often don't know how to answer. Even though a wedding wing would be a funny idea.... See 2 questions about The Invisible Orientation…, Best Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Non-Fiction, October NON-FICTION selection THE INVISIBLE ORIENTATION, My YouTube account, with video tips for writers, Burned Out? —. And it's written by someone who self-identifies as asexual, so that's also a point in its favor. And now, I want to help other asexual people to embrace their orientation without an instilled core of self-doubt. She explains what asexuality is, what it isn’t, whom it affects and why it doesn’t need to be “cured.” Though many assume that asexuality is a disorder, that asexual person just haven’t met the right person yet or that he or she is secretly gay, Decker explains this is not the case. If you are not interested in the subject, then mosey on along. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Has anybody read The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality by Julie Sondra Decker? One of these items ships sooner than the other. I broke up with the boy because he considered sex an essential element in a relationship, and I vowed to trust myself from then on as the authority on what I was feeling and what experiences I wanted. Something went wrong. You will learn a lot from this book if you are asexual, a parent of friend of an ace or just wondering what it is all about. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. If you are not interested in the subject, then mosey on along. Asexuality is not a signal that a person is necessarily stunted emotionally or physically, and feeling sexual attraction or inclination is not the line everyone must cross to be treated like an adult. September 2nd 2014 After reading this book, I would say it is aimed at friends and loved ones of someone who has recently identified as an asexual. You may be graysexual,* and you’ll have a lot in common with asexual people if you are. I used to introduce myself, when someone inquired, whichwas not often as "Bisexual by nature, Asexual by choice, becuse, although in my youth I had experimented with the various possibilities, I'm currently in my late 50's and never had on orgasm. Period. Yet it is very much real, not (as some would have it said) the result of someone's "imagination" or "confusion" or the “inevitable outcome” of a history of sexual abuse. This book is an introduction to asexuality as a sexual orientation. Yes it does, but only briefly. Like... nobody should be pressured into sex or treated badly for not wanting it, but this book really falls short of identifying much of how misogyny and racism and other shit factors into expectations re: sexuality, and is pretty crappy about like, respecting the lives of lesbian women and gay men... not saying there’s nothing useful here but this was, overall, a bold and an irritating book, "we should expect asexuality to be complicated, since mainstream sexuality only seems less complicated because we're all used to it and have been hearing and understanding the contexts of those relationships since we were children". Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality. The author stresses fluidity and inclusiveness: asexuality may change over time; some asexual people enjoy romantic relationships while others have no interest; libido may be high or low; and some are happy in partnered relationships while others enjoy the single life. I desperately wanted to like this, but it just seemed really dry and dull. Plus it contains a lot of other resources for further exploration of this topic. Some people would call that asexual. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I especially appreciated Decker's care and breadth in defining terms, including those not specifically limited to the asexuality spectrum. A great resource for people on the asexual and aromantic spectrums, and people who have loved ones on the ace/aro spectrums. To that end, she does present A LOT of information. I really like that idea. Comprehensive Look at Underserved Population, Reviewed in the United States on December 25, 2019. I especially appreciated Decker's care and breadth in defining terms, including those not specifically limited to the asexuality spectrum. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. I learned just last year that I might be asexual and I’ve been growing into labeling myself this way. But so little of it came naturally to me, and what did come naturally so often ended up causing confusion, misunderstandings and hurt. A much need book and a rational discussion of the topic. Couldn't stay focused on it and have given up on it. The temptation with something like this is pretty inevitably going to be asking me why I'm interested, to what extent it might align with my own experiences, etc. Do you sometimes develop sexual attraction when you’ve already developed other important connections with someone, but never feel sexually attracted to strangers, celebrities, or mere acquaintances? It does do a fairly good job of presenting information without feeling like a scientific paper, and there are a plethora of resources cited and listed for further study on the subject should you be so inclined. The invisible orientation : an introduction to asexuality. The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality * Next Generation Indie Book Awards Winner…. (I am also convinced that my late father passed this one down to me, along with several other genetic traits.) Please try again. It has loads of information along with an index of terms, definitions and websites. And it's written by someone who self-identifies as asexual, so that's also a point in its favor. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our. But whenever I told people I thought so, they’d say, “You’re fourteen. Really, really useful! I’d just never been sexually attracted to another person. At eighteen, I fully expected to develop a “normal” sexual appetite when I got older. Overall, this is a quick read and a great introduction and reference for just about anyone, whether he/she (ze) identifies as a-spec or not. Pick up this book and educate yourself. This book, apart from being thoroughly educational and an excellent resource, was more than anything an eye-opener and a great relief to me.

How Tall Is Rico Nasty, Blue Lagoon Iceland Price, Isaac Kragten 2020 Age, Ed Sheeran Chords, Beneath Still Waters Chords, Lynne Spears Instagram, Purfoods Revenue, Escape Json String Javascript,