--Jeff Shannon, Pathways to Bliss: Mythology and Personal Transformation. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda. Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. Unable to add item to List. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Had these on audiotapes, glad I now have the video too. There is no difference in civilizations because we are all connected. I wouldn't say it's hyperbole to call this "illuminating.". This recording and listening to it, is a most wonderful learning exprience. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 13, 2010, I first saw this on video 20 years ago. Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth is essential viewing for anyone old enough to appreciate its vital teachings. Films by Kubrick will suddenly make perfect sense. --Jeff Shannon, An astute interviewer, Moyers is an acolyte in perfect harmony with Campbell-as- mentor, wording questions with penetrating perfection as their intellectual dance reaches exhilarating heights of meaning and fascination. This excellent DVD set is actually 'region 0' which means you can play it on any player despite the item description stating region 1. Camera-work was quite varied with some interesting shots and inclusion of other material. Very fascinating and far more entertaining than some of his other works. One of the greatest interviews ever recorded, this six-part, six-hour encounter between teacher- mythologist Campbell and student-journalist Bill Moyers (recorded in the two years preceding Campbell's death in 1988) covers a galaxy of topics related to Campbell's central themes: Mythology is … But best of all was to actually hear Campbell speak. Joseph Campbell presents our world completely! In this remarkable series of tapes Joseph Campbell artfully summarizes his lifelong study of comparative religion and spirituality. A good reminder of how quickly time goes by and what endures, Reviewed in the United States on August 10, 2017. I strongly recommend it even if it seems that watching 6 hours of interviews on comparative religion would put you into a deep sleep. This was very enjoyable - not 'dry as dust' with many fascinating insights into the importance of myth. Amazing for self growth and understanding of humanity and it’s place in the cosmos. They continue to grow on me. I don't know how many times I have watched this set since I purchased it but it was literally the best investment I have made. Reviewed in the United States on February 19, 2019. I first saw this program way back in late 80s and it made an impression then, and is even more relevant now. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Please try again. Having missed the telecasts of the original series, I began a search for the long out-of-print "tapes" in whatever format I could procure. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 31, 2014. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Thought provoking and inspiring. Here is the transcription of an exemplary serie of 6 interviews with Bill Moyers. The years of dedicated effort in learning and understanding what the ancients of old have sent to us in myths is the most valuable information I have learned in the last 71 years. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. I am giving this DVD as gifts to friends who I knew and shared this period of time/life with. The adventure. This is a wonderful series of interviews with a very profound thinker in mythologist Joseph Campbell. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 9, 2014. That showed animals being killed for ritual tradition by different tribes. Somewhere along the way I loaned and lost his books; so I was thrilled to find this set of the interviews. I have listened to these programs (six of them) more than ten times. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Xenia Deli What Do You Mean, Shake Milton Smu, 40 Year Old Woman Weight Loss Before And After, Supa Peach Net Worth, Lewy Body Dementia Presentation, Mike Mitchell Prints For Sale, Beenie Man Lyrics,