Well, over 15 years later, the Queen of Funk spoke about “Through The Wire” and voiced her displeasure with the way the song sampled her. It sounds like "down" because that's what we expect to hear and they played with it. Producer: Kanye West. Sounds like he obscured it a little so you don't hear the "f" so strongly. Through the Wire. Yung Bans and Ski Mask the Slump God's ILOVEITWHENTHEYRUN, Cardi B feat. I think jays27 is right :-)I will nevertheless try to manipulate the sample myself and see how it sounds :-D Will report back later ;-). Please sign in or sign up. sample of Mala's Changes, XXXTENTACION feat. “It was a little insulting. Secondly, through creativity, millions of dollars of studio equipment, and the power of suggestion, you can manipulate sounds to make them sound how you want. Chaka Khan was “pissed” when she heard Kanye West‘s 2004 song “Through the Wire.”. The accident resulted in reconstructive facial surgery, teeth replacements and a two week hospital stay. Khan agreed at the time, but in a new interview, she revealed that she thought the resulting track, “Through the Wire”, was “stupid.”, Khan was a recent guest on Watch What Happens Live when host Andy Cohen brought up Kanye’s 2003 breakout single (via FADER). You must be logged in to comment. umm this is a direct sample not a interpolation. If I’d known he was gonna do that, I would have said, ‘Hell no.’”. A little backstory on the track's title and meaning - In October 2002, Kanye was hard at work in LA working on albums for Roc-A-Fella recording artists Beanie Sigel, Peedi Crakk, as well as The Black Eyed Peas. @Xanadu: speeding up samples make everything change. 1 Source For Breaking Music, Film, and TV Headlines, Mining Metal: Bull of Apis Bull of Bronze, Krzysztof Drabikowski, Lord Weird Slough Feg, Howling Sycamore, Nighttimeproject, Sadistic Ritual, Slomatics, Billy Bragg says Morrissey has “betrayed” Smiths fans by supporting For Britain, Shia LaBeouf and Margaret Qualley Bare It All in New Music Video: Watch, Gene Simmons Selling Longtime Mansion to Escape "Unacceptable" California Taxes, Fyre Fest's Billy McFarland Placed In Solitary Confinement Following Launch of Podcast, Tool's Maynard James Keenan to COVID-19 Deniers: "Eat a Dick", Foo Fighters to Headline Joe Biden Virtual Benefit Concert, Rudy Giuliani Caught on Camera Attempting to Seduce Borat's "15-Year-Old Daughter", R.I.P. He made the sample sound like wire. The College Dropout Roc-A-Fella 2003. The original version of the track was recorded with Kanye’s jaw wired shut, hence the track title. Not insulting, I thought it was stupid. The song featured a sample of Chaka Khan’s 1984 song “Through The Fire” and at the end of the “Through The Wire” video, Kanye delivered a thank you message to the legendary singer. Either that or something like manipulation. The sample actually says hold you there. died. Secondly, through creativity, millions of dollars of studio equipment, and the power of suggestion, you can manipulate sounds to make them sound how you want. Thought i mite point that out. When Kanye West left the hospital with his mouth wired shut following a 2002 car accident, he called up Chaka Khan. Copyright © 2020 WhoSampled.com Limited. To me you can hear that it says fire, not wire in the Kanye track, no to mention she does say "right down to the wire" as well. The best way to tell him is silence. Why not just tag them as 'mondegreen' or 'mondegreen sample' or something? "Through the Wire" is an autobiographical track that recounts the accident and all of the events that happened as a result. This is likely the first time Kanye West is hearing about Chaka Khan’s displeasure over “Through the Wire”, as she apparently never told him about it.

You're In My Soul Chungha, Affection Sentence, Bull Snake Eating Rattlesnake, Lean Body For Her Protein Shake, Jennifer Lawrence Golden Globes 2013, Everyman Chess Pdf, Rivals Login, Teri Bahon Mein Mp3, Is Time Linear Or Nonlinear, Yellow Passion Flower Butterfly,