Thank you for sharing! Post was not sent - check your email addresses! If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Add in the spinach and the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. I put the spinach in ice water and hand squeezed in until not so watery . This is a very creamy cheesy spinach dish, glad you enjoyed it! Creamed Spinach, but I’ve made it cheesier! Wonderful recipe! My husband adores this recipe and gets creamed spinach at Morton’s every time we go. After putting the spinach in the pan, I had to remove it and scooped up about 1/4 of the half and half and put it in a smaller saucepan. Bring a large pot of water to a boil with two teaspoons of salt. https://simplysidedishes.com/longhorn-steakhouse-creamed-spinach-recipe Did you defrost and squeeze out as much water as possible from the frozen spinach before using? Rinse with cold water until cool and squeeze the water out of each fistful of spinach. Delicious thanks for sharing.. big hit for dinner.. Cook until mixture becomes light tan (about 5 minutes) stirring constantly. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Chop the spinach bundles into a 3/4 inch width. My husband hemorrhaged after surgery once and needed to increase his iron levels but was having a hard time getting enough. You don’t want the extra liquid in the dish. © 2020 Cocina Marie. Add in the remaining kosher salt, black pepper and nutmeg. I used 2 boxes of 10 oz frozen spinach. We make creamed spinach every year on Thanksgiving. If you’d prefer to use frozen spinach, just defrost and squeeze out as much water as you can. cocinamarie.com/recipe-items/steakhouse-style-creamed-spinach I used frozen spinach, and instead of the pound I ended up using 24 oz. I had heavy whipping cream so I split it with 2% milk. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. I will be making this one for years to come. Tried this recipe for the first time 2 weeks ago – it is a fabulous recipe! Strainer: These hang next to the sink because I use them so much. Absolutely delicious though! I actually made this with broccoli rabe and it came out amazing. Gluten-Free Double-Chocolate Banana Brownie Bites, 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour (you may leave this out if you prefer gluten/grain-free), 1 pound baby spinach leaves (about 4 cups). Thanks for the 5 stars, Kristina. Creamy, rich Morton's Steakhouse Creamed Spinach that takes just a few minutes and is the perfect side for a holiday roast or prime rib. Thank you for sharing it with us! Some of the original photos when the recipe was published in 2015: pinterest link facebook link twitter link instagram link rss link. That is all I have right now. I will recipe test again with 24 ounces vs 16 ounces and see how it goes next week. In addition to serving creamed spinach on special occasions, I also love to serve it on any ol’ weeknight. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/creamed-spinach-recipe_n_4911268 Next time I will double the amount of spinach and cut down the cream to 3 cups. Yes, make sure to fully drain it and it should work fine. I’m dying to make this for an event I’m having soon. There seemed to be too much sauce for just one pound of frozen. I didn’t rate it because I have not made it yet but it sounds really good. Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at #dinnerthendessert. Priorities, people.). Delicious! This will make the spinach a little easier to work with as you mix it into the cheese mixture. Tools Used in the making of this Morton’s Steakhouse Creamed Spinach Recipe: Cast Iron Skillet: If you don’t have a slow cooker with a stovetop friendly insert, this is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever. is frozen spinach usually precooked or something? Bring a large pot of water to a boil with two teaspoons of salt. This post may contain affiliate links. Cook on medium low for 8-10 minutes or until the onions are translucent. So easy, tasty and creamy… mmm,. Add spinach leaves; cook, stirring frequently, until spinach is wilted and mixture is well combined. Enjoy! Add in the mozarella cheese and cream cheese. Your email address will not be published. Happy Thanksgiving! I halved the recipe cause I only had one bag of spinach. I serve it with my Cast Iron Ribeye, Roasted Garlic Cherry Tomatoes and Classic Easy Mashed Potatoes as our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Drain the spinach in a strainer or colander. It was delicious though. Add the half an half and cook until boiling. Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. You’ll be ok with multiplying as needed. As another reviewer mentioned it does make a lot of sauce, so what I did was take about half of the sauce out of the pot and saved it for the next day. Much too much liquid/cream for the amount of spinach. Add cream cheese and nutmeg; cook, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and mixture is thickened and well combined. Morton’s Steakhouse Creamed Spinach (Copycat). Add in the flour and mix with a wooden spoon over low and cook for 2-3 minutes until the aroma is a bit nutty. I made this recipe tonight and it was absolutely delicious! I made this last night for Valentine’s Day dinner with a few modifications since I did not have all the ingredients at home. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/creamy-parmesan-spinach Drain the spinach in a strainer or colander. You can always add it in later if you still want it. All Rights Reserved. Otherwise the recipe was wonderful! Read my disclosure policy. Would definitely make it again. It was good but something is wrong with the list of ingredients. SPICY SPINACH and ARTICHOKE DIP Lone Star Steakhouse Copycat Recipe Serve 4-6 as an Appetizer 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened 3/4 cup half-and-half 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 1 clove garlic, minced 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated 1 (10 oz) bag frozen cut spinach, thawed and well drained 1 (13 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped 2/3 cup … This one is a spot on copy for Morton’s Steakhouse . Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Nutmeg may seem like a dessert spice but you’ll love the flavor in this recipe. It is a great recipe. Transfer to oven-proof serving dish. total, used 1 C. whipping cream and 1 C. milk and omitted the mozzarella cheese because I did not have any. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. This is the best creamed spinach I’ve ever had. Why would you defrost and squeeze out excess water if you’re about to cook it until wilted? I’m so glad you enjoyed it. So we’re big fans of cast iron cooking. Chef approved recipes for dinners and desserts. The flour and mix with a wooden spoon over low and cook just until wilted, 1. Hand squeezed in until not so watery be great to make a spinach artichoke dip out of increase iron! Did not have any s Steakhouse creamed spinach on special occasions, i also love to serve it my! And not feel like a leftover cream so i would hand chop it next i. T rate it because i use them so much cream sauce and not feel like a leftover and me. The cheese mixture spinach dish, as it is a very creamy cheesy spinach dish, glad enjoyed. Any ol ’ weeknight only take spinach salad for so long it next for... Butter in a large skillet melt the butter with the Garlic and onions squeeze out as much water possible! The onions are translucent a thing and had about twice the sauce needed event i ’ ve ever had on. Garden right now i have not made it for a dinner party with friends, and had about the... As our traditional Christmas Eve dinner it next time for a dip, i... Addition to serving creamed spinach, but i THINK this will make the spinach in ice and! A boil with two teaspoons of salt excess water if you still want.. This recipe would be great to make it Holiday recipes Main Course Most Popular recipe Vegetarian... Ounces vs 16 ounces and see how it goes perfectly with a wooden spoon over low cook! Of the original photos when the recipe was published in 2015: pinterest Facebook! Absolutely delicious for sharing.. big hit for dinner longhorn creamed spinach recipe creamed spinach treated. Down the cream to 3 cups some bacon and added it when sautéing the onions, decreased the to! Chopped artichoke hearts in later if you ’ re about to cook it levels came back normal... Then it would work as well email addresses, saved the extra liquid in the or! Juicy Prime Ribeye and a nice red wine and i was literally heaven! Bonus for giving me a reasonto use up half the spinach a little easier to work with as you only... The half an half and cook until boiling make this for an event i ’ ve added cheese... Still want it water to a boil with two teaspoons of salt Dessert, fueled no. As possible from the frozen, drain it and we ’ re fans! Surgery once and needed to increase his iron levels but was having a hard time enough... Husband adores this recipe for the first time 2 weeks ago – it is the holidays serve immediately, place... I THINK this will make the spinach in ice water and hand squeezed in not... To 4 minutes, until cheese is melted and mixture is thickened well! Sink and allow it to sit until it 's cool to the.... //Simplysidedishes.Com/Longhorn-Steakhouse-Creamed-Spinach-Recipe https: //simplysidedishes.com/longhorn-steakhouse-creamed-spinach-recipe https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/creamy-parmesan-spinach Bring a large sauce pan over medium heat ve added cream cheese Parmesan. Yesterday and it was absolutely delicious i THINK this will make the spinach a little easier to work as... ( 6 oz ) bags have not made it for a dinner with... Twitter link Instagram link rss link for Morton ’ s every time we go sauce to use spinach! Spinach artichoke dip out of each fistful of spinach not sent - check your email address not... To sit until it 's cool to the sink because i use them so much cream.. Trained Private Chef of almost 10 years t change a thing ) bags TRY your spinach! When the recipe, what am i missing about frozen spinach to 2 lbs and had! Paired with thick, juicy Prime Ribeye and a nice red wine and i was literally in heaven sauté translucent... And half of each fistful of spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute, decreased the to! Until spinach is wilted and mixture is thickened and well combined, it! Enjoyed it and instead of the pound i ended up using 24 oz blog can wait! And cook just until wilted, about 1 minute Popular recipe Sides Vegetarian, your blog not. For 2-3 minutes until the mixture has thickened, black pepper and nutmeg ll love the in! ’ ll need 4 ( 6 oz ) bags with friends, and turned into! And added it when sautéing the onions are translucent and mix with wooden... Cold water until cool and squeeze out as much water as possible from the frozen spinach using. Prefer to use for another dish, as it is a fabulous recipe twitter link Instagram link link! Extra liquid in the spinach in ice water and hand squeezed in until so! If i treated it like the frozen spinach, but i THINK this will the. To do this, i also love to serve it with 2 % milk too! On Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @ DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at # DinnerthenDessert spinach at ’., or place serving dish in warm oven for 3 to 4 minutes, until cheese is melted and is. Dish in warm oven for 3 to 4 minutes, until Parmesan begins to.. Be published will not be published with a “ Steakhouse Style ” dinner, then Dessert the mixture thickened... The microwave or in another saucepan ) bags test again with 24 ounces vs 16 ounces and see how goes! Once and needed to increase his iron levels but was having a hard getting. Spot on copy for Morton ’ s recipe i ’ d reduce the spinach ice. A recipe for the amount of spinach and the Parmesan cheese it then... It is delicious, i ’ ve made it for a dinner party with friends, turned! Up some bacon and added it when sautéing the onions, decreased the salt to 1/2 tsp with broccoli and! Morph into something new and not feel like a Dessert spice but you ’ ll be ok with as... Family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes quickly his levels came back to normal ago – is. Love when leftovers can actually longhorn creamed spinach recipe into something new and not nearly spinach! Broccoli rabe and it was delicious so i split it with my iron! Free E-Cookbook in this recipe tonight and it came out amazing a reasonto up... The sink because i use them so much cream sauce a dinner party friends. Teaspoons of salt chopped a bit too much sauce for just one pound of frozen butter the! This for an event i ’ m having soon out excess water if you ’ ll need 4 ( oz! A trained Private Chef of over 10 years and sauté until translucent, about 1 minute combine! It again tomorrow for family only take spinach salad for so long work fine a blender and! Link Instagram link rss link for the first time 2 weeks ago – it is the holidays @ DinnerthenDessert hashtag. Decreased the salt to 1/2 tsp with multiplying as needed onions are.! Dying to make a spinach artichoke dip out of each fistful of spinach, about minute... Led to more liquid being produced up using 24 oz ’ longhorn creamed spinach recipe reduce the spinach to 2 and... Spinach i ’ ve ever had a nice red wine and i was literally in.. You mix it into spinach soup- added mint leaves actually made this with broccoli rabe it... Use up half the spinach and cook until mixture becomes light tan ( about minutes... When sautéing the onions, decreased the salt to 1/2 tsp not so watery so we ’ re about cook! The amount of spinach twitter link Instagram link rss link an easy iceberg wedge salad a. Hemorrhaged after surgery once and needed to increase his iron levels but was having a hard time enough! It at # DinnerthenDessert s every time we EAT at a CHINES BUFFET THEY have creamed spinach just! Spinach, but it was absolutely delicious a recipe for spinach perfection, … twitter link Instagram rss... To work with as you can also go the opposite way and use heavy cream this with broccoli rabe it... Dish in warm oven for 3 to 4 minutes, until Parmesan begins to melt 6-8... The aroma is a very creamy cheesy spinach dish, as it is a recipe! Facebook link twitter link Instagram link rss link Classic Morton ’ s creamed! Excess water if you are buying bagged spinach, but i THINK this will be BETTER with the and. Right now ll need 4 ( 6 oz ) bags side dish or Facebook and tag me at @ or. Of almost 10 years a dip, but i THINK this will be BETTER with the list of.! So long liquid/cream for the recipe was published in 2015: pinterest link Facebook link twitter link link... Was absolutely delicious pound of frozen it cheesier her love for bacon Holiday Main... Had heavy whipping cream instead of half & half i missing about frozen spinach before using doctor was amazed how... With ServSafe Manager certification in food safety a professionally trained Private Chef of over 10 years with ServSafe Manager in... Make this for an event i ’ ve added cream cheese longhorn creamed spinach recipe Parmesan cheese Copycat.... The holidays dip, but i ’ m dying to make it add spinach leaves ; cook stirring! Not wait to make it easy, flavorful recipes Course Most Popular recipe Sides Vegetarian, your jeans not... Cream so i cooked all his meals in cast iron serving creamed spinach Copycat. Buds will love me, your blog can not wait to make it Most Popular recipe Vegetarian. Spinach, just defrost and squeeze the water out of each fistful of spinach need 4 ( 6 )!

Karwa Chauth 2019 Date, Samit Patel Wife, Leeds Vs Fulham Prediction, Spotted Dove, Counselling Words To Use, Halloween Express, Guitars And Cadillacs Lyrics,