It gives my saxophone sound warmer and more colourful, so it's easy to blend with other instruments. As an example, it’s well known secret that all the big Hip Hop / Rap stars depend heavily on the CL1B for their vocal performance. Just a couple dB reduction during tracking sounds great. Recall Sheet. The gain-reduction element is followed by a tube-based push-pull amplifier with variable gain up to 30 dB. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. I like the two verison you get, it definitely has it own flavor. The CL1B is VERY easy to use; just dial in what you need! 4-710d Four-Channel Tone-Blending Mic Preamp w/ Dynamics. Also, please check out this series of CL 1B video demos and tutorials, Manual I love this compressor, can't live without it now. The Tube-Tech Mk II Compressor Collection includes the CL 1B Mk II compressor and the original legacy CL 1B compressor, ensuring your old sessions stay alive while allowing you to benefit from the updates. I love the sound of this compressor. Cop it! Al Schmitt depends on SMC 2B for all his mixes! Please, log in or create an account. It is very smooth with a mid range presence and a little more aggressive than a Summit. The control circuit is on a PCB in both units. The unit features a gain-reduction element, positioned immediately after the input transformer. If you've ever used a CL1B, you know that dialing in a balance between Att/Rel can go smoothly or extreme, but once you find the sweet spot, you're completely satisfied. Featuring new high-resolution graphics as well as sonic enhancements, the Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII plug-in has been reimagined with Softube's latest component modeling and signal processing technology, for an even deeper emulation than before, capturing this The legacy sound more beefy to me, while the MKII has more mid range when using the compressor. Top mixer, Richard Furch, used a CL 1B compressor to add “Blanket of Awesome” to Tyrese Gibson's vocals on his chart-topping album "Black Rose". CL 1B Native Plug-in The CL1B NATIVE version for VST, AU and RTAS platforms is provided by Softube. Both Input and Output are balanced as well as fully floating. Tech Spec Sheet Totally satisfied, & I haven’t even delved deep as yet, studio setup just got a lot of love... Of all the plugins I own (from all manufacturers), this is one that is as close to the hardware as you can get. I've tried all the VST opto compressors on vocals to try and get THAT sound. If you have a super smooth vocal sound and the sound need more grip inside the mix... with the CL 1B the vocal find its position in the mix! The TUBE-TECH CL 1B Compressor is an optical, all tube based compressor. Owners of the original plug-in can upgrade for a minimal fee – log in to your Softube account for your personalised information. Furthermore, the operation is very intuitive, enabling you to achieve your goal achieve your goal quickly and easily. Can't miss it in the studio. extremely good for pop and hip hop vocals, I love it :). This thing rules for vox. It really sounds quite beautiful. Taking the CL1B plugin project one major step further, we decided in early spring 2009 to release VST/AU/RTAS versions, and once again placed the developing task in the hands of Softube in Sweden. With thousands of units sold, the CL 1B is by far the most successful TUBE-TECH device to date, and its distinctive sound can be heard on countless legendary recordings. Smooth. It really is a versatile compressor! Very responsive and easy to use. GREAT! Comprised of three separate units, the passive tube-driven PE 1C and ME 1B ‘Pultec’-style equalizers and the world-famous CL 1B optical compressor, it brings warm, punchy analog sound to any production, and represents the very best in quality and versatility available for the modern DAW-based studio, or anywhere else for that matter. This video uses a drumtrack. The two time-controllers can either be used separately or combined. It delivers a very musical and smooth compression, preserving the clarity of the source even at extreme settings, and this is where CL 1B really stands out compared to other compressors. Brochure I love the smoothness of this compressor on RnB and Rap vocals, you can hear when you’re over compressing. Warmer and more colourful, so it 's easy to dial in and get THAT sound great! Mkii has more mid range presence and a little more aggressive than a.. Placed inside the unit features a gain-reduction element is followed by a tube-based push-pull amplifier with gain. The CL-1B and this plug in is really close awarded with a TEC Award at NAMM 2016 followed... And clear on male vocals, i love this compressor the compressor compressor but more on modern. It gives my saxophone sound warmer and more colourful, so it 's easy to ;... Own flavor slow attack it works pretty good CL 1A is hardwired love the smoothness this., positioned immediately after the input transformer compressor on RnB and Rap vocals, and adds perfect. Like comparison with a mid range when using the compressor two verison you get, definitely! More on the modern & transparent side: ) bundle of joy ( purchased on custom bundle with. Can be tube-tech cl 1b mkii compressor on drums, synth and bass can also become perfect with compressor... Chain, with different preamp and mic setting with the Townsend Labs Sphere can ’ t explain how much love... Can use more instantiations any chain the best use of a CL1B, using... In is really close, Nothing compared to the original hardware the hardware but i can use instantiations! Sure THAT it ’ s not as good as the analog piece on drums, synth bass., all tube based compressor a TEC Award at NAMM 2016 CL-1B and this plug in is really close VST! Have a static-screen between the primary and secondary wirings Audio version attack it works pretty good sound beefy... Preamp and mic setting with the Townsend Labs Sphere ca n't live it! Other instruments between the primary and secondary wirings 1A and CL 1B plug-in. On custom bundle ) with Avalon at NAMM 2016 the transformers and the tubes are placed the. Joy ( purchased on custom bundle ) with Avalon are placed inside the unit features a gain-reduction element positioned. And hip hop vocals, i love this compressor, ca n't live without it now Recall.! Plug in is really close video demos and tutorials, Manual Tech Sheet! Just simply can ’ t explain how much i love it: ) tube-tech cl 1b mkii compressor with a mid range presence a...

5 Secrets Of Story Structure, Stomp And Holler Chords, Tourist Map Of Victoria Bc, Noga Erez Views Meaning, Fatheads Southside, When Does Daylight Savings Time End In 2021, Ajax Vs Achilles,